TelComm Credit Union is made up of members, colleagues, volunteers, and neighbors – and it is essential we take every precaution to protect one another.
We will be providing drive-thru service only at all of our TelComm CU locations effective March 18, 2020 until further notice.
If you require access to your Safe Deposit Box, please notify a Member Service Representative and he/she will assist you. You are welcome to continue to apply for loans, open accounts, and conduct general credit union business as needed but will be strongly encouraged to conduct these transactions via our digital tools listed below. If you need to conduct more detailed business, we encourage you to please use the outer drive thru lanes and leave the drive thru lanes closest to the building for quick, simple check deposit or cash withdrawal type transactions.
TelComm has carefully considered several ways you may conduct business with us and simultaneously protect yourself and our staff from unnecessary risk in the days and weeks ahead:
- Enroll in our FREE online services, if you are not currently enrolled, by calling to speak with a Member Service Representative at any of our 6 locations during regular hours of operation. This quick, convenient process will save you time and potential exposure from others. Click here for locations and phone numbers.
- Digital products available to you upon request (at no charge) include:
- 24/7 Phone Teller is an audio response line you may access by phone anytime, day or night (417) 882-5409.
- Access the Internet Branch at TelCommCU.com on a desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Download our recently updated TCU Mobile app in the Google or Apple store.
- Utilize our FREE Mobile Deposit tool via the TCU Mobile app to deposit paper checks.
- Apply for Loans online at TelCommCU.com, and then complete loan documents via DocuSign from the comfort of your home or workplace.
- In addition to the products mentioned above, you are welcome to drop off deposits or loan payments anytime, 24/7 in our 6 night-drops located in the drive-thrus at all TCU offices.
- You are welcome to send documents or payments via postal mail or online bill pay (FREE if you pay at least 1 bill per month).
- Payroll checks can be transitioned to Direct Deposit to save you a trip to the branch and provide quicker access to your funds. Talk with a Member Service Rep. about direct deposit today.
- ATMs are available at all 6 TelComm CU locations for you to withdraw cash when you need it.
- If you are a member impacted by the COVID-19 virus and experiencing financial hardship, please contact us.
We will partner with you to determine your best plan of action. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417.886.5355.
As always, the health and well-being of our members and surrounding communities is our greatest concern. We will continue to monitor this situation and will be here to assist with our members’ needs.
For additional information about COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at CDC.gov or the World Health Organization at WHO.int. For more local updates, please go to the Springfield-Greene county Health Department website at SpringfieldMO.gov/2853/health
In light of the recent worldwide concerns about COVID-19, we would like to make you aware that the TelComm Credit Union Board of Directors and Management team have made the decision to indefinitely postpone the 80th Annual Membership Meeting (previously scheduled for the end of April). We hope to reschedule this business meeting and recognition event later in the summer, assuming the international health situation is more stabilized. Our top priority is protecting the health of our members and employees.
We are all in this together, and together we will not only survive – but thrive. The news may cause anxiety, stress, and worry today, but if we ALL take this virus seriously – and do EVERYTHING we can possibly do to keep ourselves and our community safe – we will put this challenge behind us and look forward to better days. Thank you for being a member of TelComm CU and for doing your part to keep us all safe and healthy.