Certificates of Deposit
A Certificate of Deposit (CD) is a savings certificate entitling the owner to receive interest, which is insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) for up to $250,000. TelComm Credit Union’s CDs have an additional FREE layer of protection of $250,000 through Excess Share Insurance (ESI), offering our members a total of $500,000 in insurance on all TelComm Credit Union accounts. No other financial institution in southwest Missouri offers both NCUA and ESI coverage on accounts.
A CD has a maturity date and a specific fixed interest rate of return. A CD restricts the owner from withdrawing the funds “on demand.” It is still possible to withdraw the money if needed, but this action will often incur a penalty if funds are withdrawn before the maturity date.
Looking for a safe, sure investment for your long-term needs? TelComm Credit Union’s CDs are perfect for building a sound nest egg.
- Only a $1,000 minimum investment required
- Interest compounded quarterly
- Interest paid monthly or quarterly
- 90-Day, 6 month, 1 and 2 year maturities available
- Check our rates online—they’re updated every week!
- You can monitor your funds online via the Internet Branch at www.TelCommCU.com or thru our TCU Mobile app
- Click on this Certificate Calculator to determine the best option for you.
There are penalties for early withdrawal on Certificates of Deposit. Fees may reduce earnings and also the principal.