In Honor of America Saves Week (February 27, 2023 – March 3, 2023):
We at TelComm Credit Union thought we might help you prepare with some of our favorite savings tips and tricks.
- Consolidate outstanding debt with a FREE BALANCE TRANSFER to a one low-interest monthly payment, such as the TelComm SmartRate MasterCard Credit Card.
- Take advantage of TelComm’s sub-accounts to prioritize your savings goals. Create up to 6 for any purpose (ex. vacation, education, medical, emergency, holiday shopping, etc.).
- Record all expenses, including recreational. Once people see how much they are spending each day, they become more inclined to cut back.
- Set both short-term and long-term savings goals and start contributing something TODAY!
- Set up a direct deposit to your savings account each paycheck.
- Automate your bill payments to avoid late charges using Online Bill Pay.
- Cancel unused subscriptions.
- Wait at least a week before making a large, unplanned purchase to curb impulse spending.
- Designate a no-spend day once each month.
- Sell unused items on online marketplaces or have a yard sale!
These are just a few suggestions on how you might be able to keep more money in your account each month.
Contact TelComm Credit Union to learn more about subaccounts, low-interest consolidation loans, or creating/maintaining budgets!